¡The authentic! According to the recipe of its creator Michel Bras and with authentic artisan Jijona nougat.
The nougat coulant is a variant of the so-called chocolate volcano, or chocolate coulant, which was invented and patented by Michel Bras in 1981. The truth is that since its creation there have been thousands of variations in its filling, its way of preparing it and in its texture.
The coulant is based on freezing an uncooked sponge dough, which in turn has a frozen core inside. At the time of serving, put the cake in the medium oven (180º) for 15 or 20 minutes. This allows the cake to cook and the inner core to thaw. So when we introduce the spoon into the coulant, the interior spills out in a semi-liquid state.
Below we go on to detail the ingredients and the steps that we will follow to prepare our delicious artisan nougat coulants:
Nougat Coulant ingredients
How to make homemade Nougat Coulant
First we will make the inner core of nougat:
- Cut the nougat bar into cubes to facilitate subsequent mixing.
- In a saucepan, add the butter, cream, and diced nougat pieces and heat over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Next we will help ourselves with the blender to completely crush the mixture.
Recommended variant: we can also not use the blender and use a fork to undo the nougat so that we will leave the inside of our coulant with pieces of nougat.
- Reserve in the freezer until solid.
Tip: if you don't want to complicate it, you can use ice buckets to fill the interior with the mixture, since the approximate size of the inside of the coulant is the same size as that of a conventional ice cube.
Next, we will make the exterior nougat cake:
- Beat the eggs with the mixer using the whisk until they have doubled in volume.
- Gradually add the sifted icing sugar and flour, and continue beating, mixing everything together.
- In another bowl, mix the nougat and melted butter and blend with the mixer.
- Add this mixture to the previous one and finish mixing with the mixer using the rods.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator while we preheat the oven.
- Place the molds greased with melted butter, and sprinkled with flour all over the surface, so that it does not stick.
- In each of the molds put a little sponge dough, approximately 1/3 of the container, on top of this place a frozen core of nougat in the middle (the core is in the center)
- Finish covering with sponge dough, do not fill completely as it rises a little when baking, and leave in the freezer until use.
Bake (Before Serving):
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC for a few minutes.
Remove the cakes from the freezer and place them to bake at the same temperature (180º C) and fan if possible for 15-20 minutes.
Therefore, after 15 minutes, we must see if the dough has already swollen and has a solid appearance. In that case, it will be time to remove our coulants from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
After this we will only have to unmold... and what a delight!
And that's how our delicious homemade nougat coulant is made!
We hope you liked the result and try to do it at home.
As we always tell you, we will be happy to answer your questions here or through social networks, and we hope to receive many photos of artisan nougat coulants following our recipe.
Greetings and we wait for you in our next recipe! ❤️